Email sent to Residents March 31, 2020
Due to COVID-19 and reduced staff levels, the Main Office has new office hours:
Monday to Friday
8:00 am to 12:00 noon
To comply with Social Distancing Guidelines we ask that only ONE customer at a time be in the office. Please wait outside if there are others already in the office.
If you are moving out please place your keys and modem in the grey metal Drop Box in outer lobby. Put items in the envelopes provided and don’t forget to write your name and apartment number on the label.
Please pay rent online through the Resident Portal.
Email us with questions firstname.lastname@example.org
Email sent to Residents Wednesday March 25, 2020
The University of Utah acknowledges the need for emergency financial assistance for
a variety of reasons during this pandemic and staff are working diligently on streamlining
the process to apply for funds.
Currently U. Student Apartments has been made aware of two resources and will communicate additions to these as we are made aware of them.
1) Students can apply for an emergency loan up to $500. They would need to pay back the loan within 11 months (no interest). https://www.asuu.utah.edu/
2) Emergency Fund application can be found at https://utah.academicworks.com/opportunities/20168
If your source of income has been negatively impacted by the pandemic, and you are working with ASUU, Financial Aid & Scholarships, or another resource for help, please contact email@example.com with an explanation of your situation and we will address payment arrangements with you individually.
Rent payments will continue to be due on the 1st of every month; however, late fees
will not be charged until further notice.
We understand this is a stressful and trying time for our entire community. We empathize with the struggles many of you are having and we appreciate your understanding as we respond to this dynamic and global situation.
University Student Apartments
Email sent to Residents Friday March 20, 2020
To all University Student Apartments residents and their families-
We recognize that we are all experiencing considerable stress during the dynamic situations we face each day due to the threat of COVID-19, and the added worry that came with a large seismic event and aftershocks on Wednesday, March 18th. We commend the university leadership for communicating clearly and regularly to the community via the internet, twitter, podcasts, email, and text messaging. We encourage you to check communications from administrators regularly by visiting coronavirus.utah.edu and alert.utah.edu. We are committed through all of this to support the university community by providing convenient, moderately priced apartments for students, academic staff, faculty, and their families.
Here are some announcements that are University Student Apartments specific:
- As the university monitors the spread of COVID-19 through campus we are asking members of the U community to fill out a reporting form if they have tested positive for the virus, or are currently undergoing testing. This includes reporting on family members that live with you. This form can be found at coronavirus.utah.edu. There are no reported positive cases in University Student Apartments at this time.
- Following university administration guidelines, University Student Apartments has engaged in considerable staff reductions in order to maintain social distancing during the pandemic. Our Main Office remains open at this time, but we ask that you limit office visits, as we have a considerably smaller staff on-site, and many transactions can take place over the phone or on the web. You can make all credit/debit card payments using the Resident Portal at apartments.utah.edu. You can use the drop box in the foyer of the main office to return keys and modems 24 hours a day. Intent to Vacate forms as well as many other forms can be found online and submitted by email.
- Community Centers are closed for gatherings until further notice to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and in accordance with guidelines from government entities to restrict gatherings of greater than 10 people.
- Resident Assistants are available in your respective courts/buildings to answer questions. You can find your RA contact information by visiting the online Resident Assistant Directory. All large events and in-person court/tower activities have been postponed until further notice.
- The Maintenance Office is open and operating with a considerably smaller group of staff each day. We will continue to respond to critical maintenance emergencies, but have postponed all non-essential preventative maintenance in order to limit staff entering your residence. Please be patient if the response to maintenance calls and work orders is taking a little longer than you are accustomed to.
- We have heard multiple complaints related to internet speed in the apartments. This is likely related to the number of users online, considering public school and university class cancellations; however, do not hesitate to call (801) 581-4000, the UIT help desk to log your complaint, in the case it is an issue that can be resolved.
- The university and ASUU are working on a variety of assistance options if you are experiencing financial hardship related to COVID-19. As information comes available to us, we will disseminate that to you.
- A rapid assessment of all University Student Apartments buildings occurred twice on Wednesday, March 18th following the first major seismic event at 7:09am and a large aftershock at 1:12pm. The buildings were cleared for occupancy and no major structural damage was discovered. Structural engineers will conduct a more thorough assessment of each building in the coming days. As we communicated on Wednesday, if you see any damage in your apartment or building, or if your heating, water, or cooling systems seem to be functioning abnormally or not functioning at all, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Maintenance Dispatch at (801) 581-8668.
University Student Apartments